12.29.2011

Lesson Organization: Color Coding

I color code. Everything. My filing cabinet at home, when I taught school each class period was a different color, my clothes in my closet hang in rainbow order. It is kind of ridiculous, I know, but it makes things so easy to find. This applies to my YW lessons as well. I have a system so that when I glance down at my lesson, I know what is coming next, and don't have to read verbatim or have awkward long pauses while I find my place. So, here is the system. It is all about highlighting.

I don't even bother with the manual I get at the beginning of the year. I just copy and paste the lesson into Microsoft Word. I then open a second document to copy and paste the quotes and scriptures I will hand out to the girls before class, so they are ready to be cut up and handed out.

To do the highlighting, I don't actually use the highlight tool in Word...I use "Shading". If you don't know how to use shading, here's how it is done:

1. Highlight desired text

2. Select the FORMAT menu
and then BORDERS AND SHADING

3. Select SHADING and your color choice

3a. This is just personal preference, but I like to just have the text colored, not all the way to the margins, so I like to select text instead of paragraph

4. And Voila!


I have attached here the link to my highlighted Lesson #1 as well as the scriptures and quotes ready to be printed, cut up, and handed out




Link to Father and Daughter labels for top of columns

No comments:

Post a Comment